Randy Yontz, director of the Waukee Leadership Institute, announced this week that recruitment has begun for the 2012-13 leadership class.
The next class begins Thursday, Sept. 13 and meets the second Thursday of each month through April 2013. Graduation will be on May 9, 2013.
Benefits of participating in the Waukee Leadership Institute include:
- Outstanding professional networking opportunities
- Exposure to Waukee's public facilities and staff (mayor, administrator, & city management)
- Free DISC profile
- Incredible speaker lineup
- Experience teamwork and management skills while teaming with classmates in developing, promoting, and completing a memorable and needed project for our community.
- Dinner served at each meeting.
- Opportunity to learn about the future plans for the city & growing school district, what is in the works, and to know the city you live &/or work in better.
- Gain access/audience with high profile people within the city & school administration.
- Strengthen Personal Leadership, Business Development, and Business Ethics skills.
- A great opportunity to learn the latest school projections, economic growth projections, and also future development plans.
- The opportunity to learn by asking the questions you would like to ask for a better understanding of our great city & school district.
The class is designed to be not only a personal development opportunity but also a business builder and great networking opportunity. The class allows you to serve on the various committees throughout the city, school, and business communities.
Registration and payment, or arrangement for payment is due Aug. 1.
For more information, or to register, go to the Waukee Leadership Institute's website at www.waukeeleadership.org.