Father's Day is Sunday - have you picked up a gift for dad yet? If not, no worries. There's still time to find the perfect gift right here in Waukee.
Here are a few ideas - thing you can find - when you shop local:
1. Is your dad the grand master of the grill? Does he spend hours contemplating his next charbroiled masterpiece? Get your siblings to pony up a few Benjamins and buy him what could very well be the Cadillac of all grills – the Napoleon Prestige Pro 500. It’s a stainless steel work of art combining five different grill methods – charcoal, smoke, infrared, rotisseries and gas – for the ultimate grill experience. There’s also a built-in ice bucket to store a few brews in case dad gets parched in the process. This beauty could be your dad’s for just $1,999 at the . If $2,000 is a little outside your comfort zone, no worries. They have grills for every price point. Sweet!
2. If you've got the budget of a college student, then buy him a goofy card and write something nice in it. A good joke is always well-received as are lottery tickets. Pick up a couple at your neighborhood . I mean, really, nothing says “Happy Father’s Day” then the false promise of wealth.
3. If your dad’s gaga about gadgets pick him up a little something at . There you'll find the latest and greatest cellular technology with accessories to match. If you go the iPhone or Android route, download the Patch app. Seriously. It’s better than Angry Birds.
4. If he's the type of man who’s always working on a “project“, stop by the and go crazy in the power tools department. Owner Lee Mundus says the Craftsman Mechanics tool sets are flying off the shelves this Father’s Day. You can pick up a 255 piece tool set for just $149.99 on sale. Maybe tools aren’t his forte? No problem. Get him a Sears gift card and he can pick out a little something from the catalog. Easy peasy.
5. Even the manliest men like to look and feel their best. If that's your dad, why not get him a spa package from ? With package names like "Mr. Attractive," "Mr. Handsome," "Mr. GQ" and "Mr. Perfect," who wouldn't want one? Pick yours up today. Prices start at $113.50.
6. Is your dad a little outdoorsy? Is he a hunter? A gardener? Whatever his outdoor personality might be, you’re sure to satisfy it with a quick stop at . Owner Geoff Warmouth says the store carries every imaginable yard implement from trimmers, edgers, blowers and chainsaws. Prices start around $79 and head north from there. Maybe dad prefers to hire out the yard work. No harm, no foul. Get him a knife instead. The hardware store carries a number of Smith & Wesson knives starting around $13.49. Remember, when you hand dad his gift, it’s handle first. Not blade. Handle first.
7. Speaking of gardening, when dad’s done touching up his pristine greens, send him over to r for a little accoutrement for the landscaping beds. Earl May sells the coolest natural limestone rocks embossed with the name of dad’s favorite college team. Prices start at $59.99.
8. If worse comes to worst, just give him a call. Stay on the phone for longer than 15 minutes. Ask him for advice. Listen. He'll appreciate it. Promise.