Editor's note: Patch Picks is a new feature you'll find each week on Waukee Patch. Patch Picks highlights area businesses and services in Waukee. It's being featured today (Friday) before the kick-off of the big Labor Day weekend. Patch Picks will be featured on Saturdays.
Your summer tan may eventually fade, but you can still stay looking your best by hitting up a local salon. Whether you just need a trim or are ready for a head-to-toe makeover, these Waukee salons will help you look and feel your best.
1. : Head to this hair and nail salon at 340 Sixth St. to get your hair cut and colored or nails polished. Independent and locally owned, Jane & Friends can be found on the Waukee Triangle.
2. : Open seven days a week, here you can get your fingers and toes in tip top shape at 150 Laurel St., just off Hickman Road. Reviews claim Top Nails offers "great service, price and experience." Walk-ins welcome.
3. : If you couldn't guess by the name, this salon offers a plethora of salon services for men only. From hair to massage to waxing, to manicures and pedicures, men can sit back and feel comfortable here in an environment tailored to them. Located at 14225 University Ave.
4. : If the whole family needs hair help, head to Clip Art at 37 NE Carefree Lane to get just that. Haircuts, highlights and waxing services are all offered here.
5. : Owned by two local beauticians, Kreative Styles at 296 Liberty Park Mall, is a great place to spruce up your hair and nails. Cosmetics and haircare products are also sold here. Appointments are suggested, so be sure to call ahead at (515) 987-2200.