1. In August 2011, employees of the Happy Time Preschool & Daycare in the were handed their walking papers when the lead by ultra-conservative Pastor Jeff Mullen, decided to start its own child care entity. Employees were told they could reapply but in doing so would t that said employees should have "regular attendance at a Christian church, no sex outside of marriage, no homosexual conduct, no viewing of pornography, no drug or alcohol use, and no vulgar language." The directors of the former Happy Time Daycare overcame the obstacle and opened in September. A new, is set to open in October.
2. In September, when a car she had been sitting on took off, throwing her to the ground. Hale remained at Blank Children's Hospital for 42 days before coming home in October of last year. She will be a sophomore this fall at .
3. In May,. The home's occupant, Tracy Petty, was not able to get out of the house on her own so Waukee police officers, Derrick Spoerry and Bill Daggett carried her to safety.
4. In June, former , was for possessing child pornography. Payne was first arrested last fall after authorities found the images on his home computer.
5. In June, Kurt Schade, owner of the in Waukee, accusing them of preventing him from doing business in Waukee, and pointing a finger at one council person he said has a vendetta against him. The problem stems from the winery not having the proper permits nor adhering to ordinance in the city of Waukee. , members voted to table the discussion until the vineyard & winery can come to an agreement with the city.