Waukee Patch is more than just a home for local news source - it's an online community which means we want the local voices sounding off loud and clear.
Right now, we're looking for anyone who lives or works in Waukee to write about what they think, know, love and want everyone in the community to hear. Write about anything you want to—inside or outside of Waukee. For the most part, anything goes.
While the blogging gig is unpaid (sorry!), you'll retain rights to any content posted on the blog. And just think of the bragging rights! But seriously, the blog is yours—we just amplify your voice and give you a wider audience.
Here are a few of our local voices in Waukee:
, a realtor with RE/MAX Innovations, writes about everything from tips on buying/selling a home to how to decorate and weed it. Anything you want to know about house & home gets answered in Phillips' blog.
is on the Waukee City Council and recently started his own business selling insurance. Blanchard provides great, practical advice on how to buy the right insurance from the right company for your family.
is a physician with the Mercy Waukee Clinic. She blogs about all things medical which, so far, has included everything from the truth about sunburns to seasonal allergies and the common cold.
Like to save a buck at the grocery store? Blogger keeps readers in touch with the best grocery deals each week in Waukee.
from Waukee Wellness & Chiropractic addresses a variety of health and wellness issues in his blog. Nyberg was also recently chosen "Best Chiropractor" in Patch's Readers' Choice contest.
There are so many more. Why don't you come aboard?
To get started, create an account associated with your email address. It's easy:
1. Go to http://Waukee.Patch.com
2. Click on "Sign Up" at the top of the page
3. Follow the simple instructions on confirming your account
Now we need to make sure there's some information about YOU on Patch. So:
1. Log into Waukee Patch and click on your name
2. Click on Edit Profile on the left
3. Fill out the "Short Bio" section with just a few sentences about you: Where do you live? How long have you been in the area? What's your profession? What do you like to do?
4. Click on "Profile Photos" and just upload a single headshot there