Invite a friend
Fifth Annual Ankeny Bark-N-Brew is Saturday Night
Dogs and their people are invited to bring leashes and lawn chairs for the Ankeny Dog Park’s 5th Annual Bark-N-Brew at Chips Restaurant – Saturday, June 23, from 4:00-8:00 p.m.
The on-leash outdoor “dog party” gives dog-lovers and their four-legged friends a chance to socialize and support Ankeny’s 7.5-acre off-leash dog park.
- Grilled burgers, brats and hot dogs, plus beer, hard lemonade and other beverages for sale by Chips Restaurant
- Games and agility demonstrations by Canine Craze Performance Center
- $10 nail trims by Pawsitively Pampered
- Adoptable dogs from the Animal Rescue League and other area rescue groups
- 2012 Ankeny Dog Park passes for sale with proof of current rabies vaccination, city license and checks or cash in the exact amount
- Canine candid camera photographers taking pictures for a new 2013 Ankeny Dog Park calendar
- Music, entertainment and prizes!
Admission is $5 for dogs; two-legged guests are admitted free. To see prior event photos, find more information, subscribe to the Dog Park’s email list, or follow on Facebook and Twitter, visit www.AnkenyDogPark.org.
The Ankeny Dog Park opened in the fall of 2010, thanks to Title Sponsor Community State Bank and numerous community donors. Fundraising efforts continue for future amenities, such as a walking path to be added later this summer. The 5th Annual BarktoberFest at Chips Restaurant on October 13 will be the grand finale of the season.
More About Chips Restaurant
Chips Restaurant is a higher-end American food and rotisserie restaurant owned by Iowa chef and restaurateur Paul Trostel. The distinct thing about Chip's is its homemade kettle-cooked potato chips as well as rotisserie specials. The menu is mostly American and Midwest staples including salad, soups, fish and chips and fried chicken. Chips also features a full bar.