What Waukee Was Watching This Week
Three Redbox kiosks in Waukee offer a little bit of everything - family titles, action, comedy and drama, among others.
Psst, Waukee! I know what you were watching last week.
Ok, ok, I wasn't peeking in your windows (promise!) Actually, Redbox tells us what your favorite movies were every week. Turns out, that's pretty interesting information to have.
And, in the interest of helping you cut down the time you stand aimlessly in front of your favorite Redbox, I'm passing on the top 10 movie rentals in Waukee this week to you. You can thank me later.
1. "Jack and Jill" - Jack Sadelstein is a successful advertising executive in Los Angeles with a beautiful wife and kids, who dreads one event each year: the Thanksgiving visit of his identical twin sister Jill. Jill's neediness and passive-aggressiveness is maddening to Jack, turning his normally tranquil life upside down.
Redbox Review: 2.5 stars Rating: PG Length: 1:31 Stars: Adam Sandler, Katie Holmes, Allen Covert, Al Pacino, Elodie Tougne
2. "The Adventures of Tin Tin" - The film is based on the comic strip "Tintin" and a series of books by George "Herge" Remi, about the fearless young reporter Tintin. Tintin is on the trail of a big story which leads him into a world of high adventure. When he and his friends find the directions to a sunken ship, they go off to find the treasure it contained and Tintin must face the notorious Red Rackham.
Redbox Review: 4 stars Rating: PG Length: 1:46 Stars: Jamie Bell, Andy Serkis, Daniel Craig, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost
3. "Young Adult" - Mavis Gary, a writer of teen literature returns to her small hometown to relive her glory days and attempt to reclaim her happily married high school sweetheart. When returning home proves more difficult than she thought, Mavis forms an unusual bond with a former classmate who hasn't quite gotten over high school, either.
Redbox Review: 2 stars Rating: R Length: 1:33 Stars: Charlize Theron, Patton Oswalt, Patrick Wilson, Elizabeth Reaser, Collette Wolfe
4. "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" - A journalist is hired by one of Sweden's richest industrialists to investigate the disappearance of his niece 40 years ago. With a female hacker assisting him, they uncover a secret history of murder and sexual abuse that puts their lives in danger.
Redbox Review: 3.5 stars Rating: PG Length: 2:38 Stars: Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara, Christopher Plummer, Stellan Skarsgård, Steven Berkoff
5. "Footloose (2011)"- Ren McCormack is transplanted from Boston to the small southern town of Bomont where he experiences a heavy dose of culture shock. A few years prior, the community was rocked by a tragic accident that killed five teenagers after a night out and Bomont's local councilmen and the beloved Reverend Shaw Moore responded by implementing ordinances that prohibit loud music and dancing. Not one to bow to the status quo, Ren challenges the ban, revitalizing the town and falling in love with the minister's troubled daughter Ariel in the process.
Redbox Review: 3.5 stars Rating: PG-13 Length: 1:53 Stars: Kenny Wormald, Julianne Hough, Andie MacDowell, Dennis Quaid, Miles Teller
Waukee is home to three Redbox kiosks, so there's more than one place to find the perfect movie:
To ensure that your movie is available, go to redbox.com and reserve online.