What's Popular on the Small Screen This Weekend in Waukee
Three Redbox kiosks in Waukee offer a little bit of everything - family titles, action, comedy and drama, among others. What will you be watching?
If you're thinking of picking up a movie tonight on your way home, read on.
Redbox has thousands of different movie titles you can rent with a little something for everyone. You know you've been dying to see "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol"and "The Descendants" and the kids would love it if you'd pick up "Hop" on your way home.
So stop by tonight. Oh, and before you do, check out what movies Waukee has put at the top of their list before you go.
1. "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol" - Blamed for the terrorist bombing of the Kremlin, IMF operative Ethan Hunt is disavowed along with the rest of the agency when the President initiates "Ghost Protocol." Left without any resources or backup, Ethan must find a way to clear his agency's name and prevent another attack. To complicate matters further, Ethan is forced to embark on this mission with a team of fellow IMF fugitives whose personal motives he does not fully know.
Redbox Review: 3.5 stars Rating: PG-13 Length: 2:12 Stars: Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, Paula Patton, Michael Nyqvist
2. "The Sitter" - Noah is a suspended college student, living at home with his single mom. When he is talked into babysitting the three, young, misfit kids next door, he decides to take them along on an attempted sexual rendezvous, and the night takes a wild and dangerous turn for the worse for which he is totally unprepared.
Redbox Review: 3 stars Rating: R Length: 1:22 Stars: Jonah Hill, Max Records, Ari Graynor, J.B. Smoove, Sam Rockwell
3. "Hop" - The teenage son of the Easter Bunny takes off for Hollywood in pursuit of his dream of becoming a rock star drummer. Once there, he teams up with a slacker, and together the two encounter a series of misadventures.
Redbox Review: 2.5 stars Rating: PG Length: 1:36 Stars: Russell Brand, James Marsden, Kaley Cuoco, Hank Azaria, Gary Cole
4. "The Descendants" - Matt King, a husband and father of two girls, must re-examine his past and navigate his future when his wife is in a boating accident off Waikiki. He awkwardly attempts to repair his relationship with his daughters - 10 year-old precocious Scottie and rebellious 17 year-old Alexandra - while wrestling with a decision to sell his family's land. Handed down from Hawaiian royalty and missionaries, the Kings own some of the last priceless virgin parcels of tropical beach in the islands. When Alexandra drops the bombshell that her mother was in the midst of a romantic fling at the time of the accident, Matt has to take a whole new look at his life, not to mention his legacy, during a week of momentous decisions. With his girls in tow, he embarks on a haphazard search for his wife's lover. Along the way, in encounters alternately funny, troublesome and transcendent, he realizes he's finally on course toward rebuilding his life and family.
Redbox Review: 3.5 stars Rating: R Length: 1:50 Stars: George Clooney, Shailene Woodley, Beau Bridges, Robert Forster, Judy Greer
5. "The Immortals" - The brutal and bloodthirsty King Hyperion and his murderous army are rampaging across Greece, demolishing everything in their wake with ruthless efficiency. Village after village falls to Hyperion's legions and each victory takes him one step closer to his goal: unleashing the power of the sleeping Titans to vanquish both the Gods of Olympus and all of humankind. It seems nothing will stop the evil king's mission to become the undisputed master of the world, until a stonemason named Theseus vows to avenge the death of his mother in one of Hyperion's raids. When Theseus meets the Sibylline Oracle, Phaedra, her disturbing visions of the young man's future convince her that he is the key to stopping the destruction. With her help, Theseus assembles a small band of followers and embraces his destiny in a final desperate battle for the future of humanity.
Redbox Review: 3 stars Rating: R Length: 1:50 Stars: Henry Cavill, Mickey Rourke, Luke Evans, John Hurt, Stephen Dorff
Waukee is home to three Redbox kiosks, so there's more than one place to find the perfect movie:
To ensure that your movie is available, go to redbox.com and reserve online.