What Movie is Number One on Redbox This Week?
"Safe" was knocked out of the number one spot on Redbox this week. What movie climbed to the top?
Leave it to a bunch of pregnant women to steal the show.
"What to Expect When You're Expecting" stole the number one spot on Redbox this week. "Safe" starring Jason Statham was bumped to number two.
Check out the other Top 5 movies on Redbox this week:
1. What to Expect When You're Expecting - Over the moon about starting a family, TV fitness guru Jules and dance show star Evan find that their high-octane celebrity lives don't stand a chance against the surprise demands of pregnancy. Baby-crazy author and advocate Wendy gets a taste of her own militant mommy advice when pregnancy hormones ravage her body; while Wendy's husband, Gary, struggles not to be outdone by his competitive alpha-Dad, who's expecting twins with his much younger trophy wife, Skyler. Photographer Holly is prepared to travel the globe to adopt a child, but her husband Alex isn't so sure, and tries to quiet his panic by attending a "dudes" support group, where new fathers get to tell it like it really is. And rival food truck chefs Rosie and Marco's surprise hook-up results in an unexpected quandary: what to do when your first child comes before your first date?
Redbox Review: 3.5 Stars Rating: PG-13 Stars: Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Lopez, Elizabeth Banks, Chace Crawford, Brooklyn Decker
2. Safe (2012) - A second-rate cage fighter on the mixed martial arts circuit, Luke Wright lives a numbing life of routine beatings and chump change until the day he blows a rigged fight. Wanting to make an example of him, the Russian Mafia murders his family and banishes him from his life forever, leaving Luke to wander the streets of New York destitute, haunted by guilt, and tormented by the knowledge that he will always be watched, and anyone he develops a relationship with will also be killed. But when he witnesses a frightened twelve-year-old Chinese girl, Mei, being pursued by the same gangsters who killed his wife, Luke impulsively jumps to action and straight into the heart of a deadly high-stakes war. Mei, he discovers, is no ordinary girl, but an orphaned math prodigy forced to work for the Triads as a "counter." He discovers she holds in her memory a priceless numerical code that the Triads, the Russian mob and a corrupt faction of the NYPD will kill for. Realizing he's the only person Mei can trust, Luke tears a swath through the city's brutal underworld to save an innocent girl's life and perhaps even redeem his own.
Redbox Review: 4 Stars Rating: R Stars: Jason Statham, Catherine Chan, Robert John Burke, Chris Sarandon, Anson Mount
3. Dr. Seuss' The Lorax (2012) - A boy searches for the one thing that will enable him to win the affections of the girl of his dreams. To find it, he must discover the story of the Lorax, the grumpy yet charming creature who fights to protect his world.
Redbox Review: 4 Stars Rating: PG Stars: Danny DeVito, Ed Helms, Zac Efron, Taylor Swift, Betty White
4. The Hunger Games - Every year in the ruins of what was once North America, the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games. Part twisted entertainment, part government intimidation tactic, the Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which "Tributes" must fight with one another until one survivor remains. Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she's ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
Redbox Review: 4 Stars Rating: PG-13 Stars: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks
5. Think Like a Man - Based on Steve Harvey's best-selling book, Think Like a Man follows four interconnected and diverse men whose love lives are shaken up after the ladies they are pursuing buy Harvey's book and start taking his advice to heart. When the band of brothers realize they have been betrayed by one of their own, they conspire using the book's insider information to turn the tables and teach the women a lesson of their own.
Redbox Review: 4 Stars Rating: PG-13 Stars: Michael Ealy, Jerry Ferrara, Meagan Good, Regina Hall, Kevin Hart
Already seen the Top 5? Here are the newest flicks in the Redbox:
Waukee is home to three Redbox kiosks, so there's more than one place to find the perfect movie:
To ensure that your movie is available, go to redbox.com and reserve online.