'We Know Mitt Tour' Makes a Stop in Waukee Today
Former colleagues of presidential hopeful Mitt Romney will make a stop at the Waukee Ice Cream Shoppe today at 2:30 p.m. to discuss women in leadership.
Several former colleagues of presidential hopeful Mitt Romney will make a stop in Waukee today to discuss Romney's support of women in leadership.
The "We Know Mitt Tour" will be at the Waukee Ice Cream Shoppe today at 2:30 p.m.
The stop is one of several in Iowa on the two-day We Know Mitt Tour. The tour is a series of roundtable discussions on how Governor Romney has consistently put women in key leadership positions and give first-hand accounts on how they worked together to turn around the Olympics in Salt Lake City and create jobs in Massachusetts.
According to a news release from the tour, the Governor, half of Mitt Romney's cabinet and senior staff were women. In fact, the annual report by The State University of New York (SUNY) ranked Governor Romney as number one every year for having women in senior positions.
Members of his administration and Olympics team will make stops in Council Bluffs, Waukee, Indianola, Ottumwa, Iowa City, and Davenport. Tour participants include:
- Ellen Roy Herzfelder, Former Massachusetts Secretary of Environmental Affairs
- Renee Fry, Former Massachusetts Secretary of Business & Technology
- Cindy Gillespie, Counselor to Gov. Romney during his time as Massachusetts Governor
- Beth Lindstrom, Former Massachusetts Secretary of Consumer Affairs & Business Regulation
- Donna Tillery, Gov. Romney’s Executive Assistant during the Salt Lake City Olympics
There is no charge to attend the roundtable discussion. If you're planning to attend, please RSVP to www.mittromney.com/states/iowa.