Waukee's 2012-13 Kindergarten Registration Starts Tonight
Kindergarten registration, formerly known as Kindergarten Round-Up, begins tonight at all of Waukee's six elementary schools at 6:30 p.m.
For parents registering children entering kindergarten during the 2012-13 school year, tonight is your night.
Kindergarten registration(formerly known as Kindergarten Round-Up) will be held at all six Waukee elementary schools this evening.
Brookview, Eason, Maple Grove, Shuler, Walnut Hills and Waukee Elementary Schools will all open their doors tonight at 6:30 p.m. The event allows parents to visit a typical classroom, talk to administrators, and gain a better understanding of the types of programming provided for kindergarten students in the district.
Online enrollment for the 2012-13 school year began on March 6. The online process allowed parents to complete the required registration forms without having to fill out the paper copies as was required in past years. The online portal will remain open until March 27.
Documents required to register your child for kindergarten, according to the Waukee Community School District website, include:
- Proof of residency – If a homeowner: copy of your most recently paid property tax bill, copy of recent mortgage statement, or print out from the Dallas County Assessor’s Site. If renting: copy of your lease agreement. If you have made an offer on a home: copy of the purchase agreement as well as a completed Permission to Enroll Out of District Students Application. If you have recently closed on a home: a copy of the settlement statement.
- Proof of child’s birth – copy of the birth certificate would suffice
- A doctor’s office copy of your child’s provisional immunizations record. If you have an immunization record that is complete, you may turn it in at this time.
- Home Language Survey
- Medical Supplemental Report Form
- Kindergarten Registration Form
- Completed Federal Race/Ethnicity Form (on back of Pre-Registration Form)
- Field Trip Permission Form
- Inclement Weather Form
- Medicine Request Form
- First Student Transportation Form
- Before and After Child Care
- Free and Reduced/Fee Waiver Forms
Other Required Information:
If you have the below items when registering your child, feel free to turn them in with the other documents.
- Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 15 of the current year in which school begins.
- Kindergarten students are required to submit a certificate of health (physical) from a licensed physician.
- Kindergarten students are required to submit a completed certificate of immunization, which is in compliance with the Iowa School immunization law, within 60 days of the child’s first day of school or be excluded from school. The updated documentation may be turned in to your child’s school.
- Kindergarten students are required by Iowa law to have a Blood Lead Test.
- Kindergarten students are required by Iowa law to have a Dental Screening.
- Kindergarten students are advised to have a Vision Screening.
- Kindergarten students must be residents of the Waukee Community School District or file the appropriate paperwork.