Target Issues Recall for Flammable Pajamas
Target is recalling about 560,000 pajamas sold between August and November 2012.
Target has recalled thousands of children's two-piece pajama sets, after it was discovered that the clothes are in violation of the Federal Flammability Standard.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recall last week. About 560,000 items sold between Target stores nationwide and online at target.com from August 2012 through November 2012 are subject to the recall. Apparently, the jammies do not meet "the tight-fitting sizing requirements," thus posing a burn hazard to children.
No injuries have been reported so far, though the agency has asked anyone in the public at large to come forward if they know of an incident connected with the clothes. If you wish to make a report, go to SaferProducts.gov.
Closest Metro Target Stores
- 5405 Mills Civic Pkwy. West Des Moines
- 1800 Valley West Drive, West Des Moines
- 11148 Plum Drive, Urbandale
Here are some key facts:
- This recall applies to Target Circo and Xhilaration brand children's cotton or cotton/fleece two-piece pajama sets. The sets were sold for $8 to $13 in infant and toddler sizes 12M, 2T, 3T, 4T and 5T, and in girls and boys sizes XS, S, M, L and XL. They come in an array of colors and designs, including stars, dots, skulls, peace signs, cats, owls, footballs and camouflage.
- The jammies were manufactured in Vietnam and Cambodia. Vital manufacturing information is located on a tag on the shirt's side seam and on the pants at the waist. The tag printed on the neck of the pajamas should be marked "Circo" or "Xhilaration", with the phrase "Wear snug-fitting not flame resistant" and the item number. The items also came with a yellow hangtag stating, "For child's safety, garment should fit snugly. This garment is not flame resistant. Loose-fitting garment is more likely to catch fire."
- To see a complete list of item numbers included in the recall, go to Target's website.
If you have a recalled product in your home, stop using it immediately. Do not attempt to resell the item. It is illegal to resell recalled consumer products. Consumers can return the pajamas to any Target for a full refund. For more information, call Target at (800) 440-0680, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday. You can also find information online at www.target.com (go to the Product Recalls tab at the bottom of the page).