It's Hot! Go Swimming.
What's that you say - temperatures are going to be in the mid 90s today? Sounds like a great day for a swim.
It's going to be another hot one in central Iowa today.
According to the National Weather Service, temperatures are expected to be in the mid 90s by lunch time. Time to hit the pool.
We've compiled a list of area aquatic centers and swimming pools in Patch cities around Des Moines. Make your plans now to head out early to get your spot in line. With the heat index in the upper 90s, you're bound to have lots of company.
Cascade Falls Aquatic Center, 2350 S.W. Prairie Trail Parkway
- Hours: 12-8 p.m. daily (through Aug. 14)
- Cost: $7 general admission, $5 for seniors, $1 for kids 2 and under. Admission to just the FlowRider is $2.
- Lap Swim: Weekdays, 9-11:45 a.m. $2 fee.
- Water Walking: 10-11:45 a.m. $2 fee.
Prairie Ridge Aquatic Center, 1220 N.W. Prairie Ridge Dr.
- Hours: 12-7 p.m. daily (through Aug. 4) then 12-8 daily (through Aug. 14)
- Cost: $4 general admission, $3 for seniors, $1 for kids 2 and under. A a 10-visit budget pass also is available for $36. This is usable only at Prairie Ridge.
- Lap Swim: 11-11:45 a.m. $2 fee.
Clive Aquatic Center, 1801 N.W. 114th St., Clive
- Hours: 11:30-7:30, Mon.-Fri. and 11:30-6, Sat. & Sun.
- Cost: $8 general admission, $6 seniors, $5 for kids 3-12, and kids under 3 are free.
Urbandale Swimming Pool, 7201 Aurora Ave., Urbandale
- Hours: 1-4 and 7-8:30 p.m., Mon.-Fri.
- Cost: $4 general admission, kids 2 and under are free.
- Lap Swim: 6-8 a.m., noon-1 p.m., and 6-7 p.m.
West Des Moines
Valley View Aquatic Center, 255 S. 81st St., West Des Moines
- Hours: Noon-5:30 and 6:30-8:30, Sun.-Fri. and noon-6 p.m., Sat.
- Cost: $8 general admission, $6 seniors, $5 ages 3-12, and under 3 are free.
- Lap Swim/Water Walking: 5:30-6:45, Sun.-Fri.
Holiday Park Aquatic Center, 1701 Railroad Ave., West Des Moines
- Hours: 11-5:30 daily
- Cost: $7 general admission (13 and older), $5 seniors, $4 ages 3-12, and under 3 are free.