Douglas and other members of the U.S. Olympic Women's Gymnastic Team step up their quest for gold today, with the West Des Moines-trained gymnast on top of her game.
The competition begins at 10:30 Iowa time. NBC will be televising Douglas and the rest of the team Tuesday night.
The U.S. Women's Team features:
- Douglas, of Virginia Beach, Va./Chow's Gymnastics and Dance Institute, West Des Moines
- McKayla Maroney of Long Beach, Calif./All Olympia Gymnastics Center
- Aly Raisman of Needham, Mass./Brestyan's American Gymnastics
- Kyla Ross of Aliso Viejo, Calif./Gym-Max Gymnastics
- Jordyn Wieber of DeWitt, Mich./Gedderts' Twistars USA.
The U.S. women's lineup is:
- Vault: Wieber, Douglas, Maroney
- Uneven bars: Wieber, Ross, Douglas
- Balance beam: Ross, Douglas, Raisman
- Floor exercise: Douglas, Wieber, Raisman
Here’s the schedule ahead for Team USA:
Tuesday, July 31: Women’s Team Final – 10:30 a.m. Iowa time (4:30 p.m., London time).
Thursday, Aug. 2: Women’s Individual All-Around, 10:30 a.m. Iowa time (4:30 p.m. London time)
Sunday, Aug. 5: Women’s Vault Final, 8:50 a.m. Iowa time (2:50 p.m. London time)
Monday, Aug. 6: Women’s Uneven Bars, 8:50 a.m. Iowa time (2:50 p.m. London time)
Tuesday, Aug. 7: Women’s Balance Beam, 8:47 a.m. Iowa time (2:47 p.m. London time). The women’s floor exercise final starts at 10:23 a.m. Iowa time (4:23 p.m. London time)
West Des Moines native Shawn Johnson won her Olympic gold medal on balance beam at the 2008.