Every Family Rocks! Des Moines Family Music Festival
Employee & Family Resources (EFR), in conjunction with Bankers Trust and RUAN, are again hosting the highly popular Every Family Rocks! Des Moines Family Music Festival. To be held May 27 from noon to 5 p.m. at 7 Flags Event Center, 2100 NW 100th Street, in Clive, Iowa, this year’s Festival will feature performances by three
well-known artists, including Grammy-nominated Justin Roberts, whose bright songs often cause kiddie mosh pits to break out; Des Moines-area rockers The Nadas, and; the sophisticated and inventive The Verve Pipe.
Every Family Rocks! will offer hands-on visual arts and other activities for participants of all ages, including:
- Balloon creations by Jonathan May, The Magic Man
- Reptile exhibit and demonstrations by Iowa Reptile Rescue
- Cookie decorating
- Tons of crafts, including spider puppets by Very Special Arts (VSA) artists
- Activities from the Science Center of Iowa
- Central Iowa Jam Band
- Appearance by Bankers Trust’s mascot, Trustee, for kids,
- DJ dance music
- Face painting, sparkle hoop dance, much more!
Tickets to Every Family Rocks! are $10 in advance or $15 at the door – children age two and under are free – and are available at area Dahl’s and Hy-Vee stores, and online at www.everyfamilyrocks.org. More information about the bands and the day’s schedule of events is also available at www.everyfamilyrocks.org.